All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom payola to podcasting, from the advertising office to the DJ booth to the station antenna, Radio: A Complete Guide to the Industry offers a concise, one-stop introduction to all aspects of the radio industry. Readers are taken on a lively tour of radio's history from the early experiments with wireless to today's satellite and digital radio. Industry veteran William A. Richter brings readers inside the typical station to explain who does what and how all the pieces fit together. The book also includes some brief interviews from working professionals for more perspective. Richter explains how ratings work, gives an overview of the major industry players, and guides readers through FCC regulations and other ethical and legal issues their impact radio. Written in a crisp, easy style, and including glossaries in each chapter, Radio is well suited for a range of courses on radio. It is a valuable resource for anyone interested in radio, from aspiring college DJs to general managers of radio stations.
- Author BiographyThe Author: William Richter is Professor of Communication at Lenoir-Rhyne College in Hickory, North Carolina. He received his B.A. in radio from Columbia College, Chicago, his M.S. in mass communication from Arkansas State University, Jonesboro, and his Ph.D. in communications from the University of Tennessee, Knoxville. Richter has more than twenty years experience in radio and TV and has worked as a morning drive DJ, a program director, and a salesperson.
- Author(s)William A. Richter
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/07/2006
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Series TitleMedia Industries
- Series Part/Volume Number4
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight410 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.