All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRadioactive Transformations describes Ernest Rutherford's Nobel Prize-winning investigations into the mysteries of radioactive matter. In this historic work, Rutherford outlines the scientific investigations that led to and coincided with his own research-including the work of Wilhelm Rontgen, J. J. Thomson, and Marie Curie-and explains in detail the experiments that provided a glimpse at special relativity, quantum mechanics, and other concepts that would shape modern physics. This new edition features a comprehensive introduction by Nobel Laureate Frank Wilczek which engagingly explains how Rutherford's early research led to a better understanding of topics as diverse as the workings of the atom's nucleus, the age of our planet, and the fusion in stars.
- Author BiographyErnest Rutherford, famous for his discoveries in nuclear physics, received the Nobel Prize in Chemistry in 1908 for his research on radioactive substances. Frank Wilczek shared the 2004 Nobel Prize in Physics for his work on the theory of quantum chromodynamics. He is the Herman Feshbach Professor of Physics at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and the author of three books, including The Lightness of Being: Mass, Ether, and the Unification of Forces.
- Author(s)Ernest Rutherford,Frank Wilczek
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication14/09/2012
- Series TitleThe Silliman Memorial Lectures Series
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.