All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDo we actually understand geologic processes? New techlogy brings new inf- mation and perceptions, which sometimes overturn imaginations based on simple observation and estimation, in conjunction with common sense inference. In 1902- 1904,PierreCurieandErnestRutherford?rstformulatedtheideaofusingradioactive transformation of nuclides as a geologic chrometer. After a century of working with such tools, geology has advanced from a descriptive science to an analytic s- encethatformulatesconclusionsbasedonexactvalues.Thetechlogyofradiogenic isotope geology has created a branch of science that considers the Earth as a planet generated within a Solar system and studies the subsequent evolution of geologic processes that has resulted in the present formation of our planet's continents and oceans. The physicist Vitaly Ginsburg, Nobel Prize laureate, wrote recently: If Kepler had been given information on orbital parameters of planets with modern precision, he would t have been able to formulate his laws . Indeed, after development of laws of celestial mechanics, methods of measurements became so advanced and such numerous secondary distortion effects were found that to describe an orbit of a cosmic body by a curve of the second order would appear impossible. But it does t mean that Kepler's laws are cancelled ; they still occupy an horable place in courses on celestial mechanics. A reasonable division into basic and secondary phemena is accepted and the latter are entered as variations in the basic equations.
- Author(s)Ivan S. Brandt,Sergei B. Brandt,Sergei V. Rasskazov
- Date of Publication30/11/2009
- SubjectEarth Sciences
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Notebiography
- Weight701 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.08
- AU $34.50Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.