All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.32Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $50.05Trending at AU $66.59
About this product
- DescriptionOutlining the early history of the U.S. paper industry, this book provides details on paper manufacturing from the early 1800s, when American paper was created almost entirely by hand out of cotton and other plant fibers, to the discovery of wood-pulp paper and the introduction of commercial-grade paper machines during the post-Civil War period. It discusses paper machine manufacturing, major U.S. mills, the papermaking traditions of Dutch and German immigrants, the politics of papermaking, and the eventual expansion of the paper industry from New England to the forests of the Northeast, Midwest, and Northwest. Two appendices provide a census listing of more than 1,100 U.S. paper mills, along with a directory of more than 1,300 mill owners and companies. The book contains around 70 illustrations and diagrams of major mills and relevant manufacturing techlogies.
- Author BiographyWriter and businessman AJ Valente lives in Claremont, New Hampshire.
- Author(s)A.J. Valente
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication01/08/2010
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight544 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.