All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGeorge C. Scott (1927-1999), born in Wise, Virginia, created some of the 20th century's most memorable performances on stage and screen - the cunning prosecutor in Anatomy of a Murder , the manipulative gambler in The Hustler , the buffoonishly warmongering chief of staff in Dr. Strangelove , and, of course, the brilliant and rebellious Patton . He also played Willy Loman, Richard III, Mussolini, Scrooge, Fagin, and countless others. But his offstage life was as filled with drama and controversy as any of the lives he portrayed with such intensity.He refused the Oscar for Patton , battled with TV networks to include realistic elements in his series East Side/West Side , invested (and lost) his own money on Broadway and in the scandalous film The Savage is Loose , married five times (twice to Colleen Dewhurst) and had a tempestuous affair with Ava Gardner, traveled to Vietnam at the height of the war to write an article for Esquire magazine, and weathered a damaging sexual harassment suit.In the first complete biography of this great star, David Sheward documents Scott's artistry as well as his roller-coaster career. Featuring interviews with numerous colleagues including Nathan Lane, Karl Malden, Piper Laurie, and Eva Marie Saint, as well as friends and family members, Rage and Glory pays tribute to one of our finest and fieriest actors.
- Author BiographyDavid Sheward (Queens, New York) is the executive editor and theatre critic for Back Stage, the weekly publication for the performing artist. He is also the author of It's a Hit: The Back Stage Book of Broadway's Longest Running Hits and The Big Book of Show Business Awards. He appears regularly on the New York City cable television station New York-1 News' On Stage program as a contributing correspondent.
- Author(s)David Sheward
- PublisherApplause Theatre Book Publishers
- Date of Publication01/12/2008
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintApplause Theatre Book Publishers
- Out-of-print date19/03/2015
- Content Note31 colour & b&w photos in a glossy insert
- Weight844 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine33 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.