All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSince Raggedy Andy first appeared in 1920, he has delighted millions of readers with his adventuous spirit and compassionate nature. Now he returns to captivate a new generation in this carefuly produced reissue, which restores the book to its original appearance.
- Author BiographyJohnny Gruelle was an extremely talented cartoonist, illustrator, and storyteller. He had already written and illustrated a book of original fairy tales before creating the Raggedy Ann and Andy stories es. Raggedy Ann, heroine of the first book, was the favorite doll of his daughter, Marcella, who died after a long illness at the age of thirteen. Johnny Gruelle eventually created over forty Raggedy Ann and Andy books, all capturing his unique vision of childhood. Overwork and copyright disputes led to his untimely death in 1938.The Gruelle family -- Johnny's widow, Myrtle, and sons Worth and Richard -- soon created the Johnny Gruelle Co., which carries on his work. Today Worth and his own son, Kim, run the Last Great Co.(r) in Cashiers, North Carolina, and still have a hand in overseeing Raggedy Ann and Andy dolls, books, and related products.
- Author(s)Johnny Gruelle
- PublisherSimon & Schuster Australia
- Date of Publication01/01/1991
- FormatOther book format
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationEast Roseville
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintSimon & Schuster Australia
- Content Note66col.ill.
- Weight165 g
- Width160 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.