All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $169.12
- AU $26.27Trending at AU $29.63
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.54
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $11.95
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.39
- AU $51.40Trending at AU $52.88
- AU $36.20Trending at AU $44.77
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Raggedy Ann and Andy fall down a deep hole, they find themselves in a magical world called Cookie Land. There they meet Little Weakie, Hookie-the-Goblin, and Mr. and Mrs. Cookie and their two cookie children. It's the Cookie family who award bravery medals to the Raggedys after they save them from one of Hookie's sneak attacks. Then Hookie brings along his friend the Snitzodle to help him capture the Raggedys, but Snitzodles don't mess with dolls wearing bravery medals, siree. Don't worry, though, the Raggedys find a way to make everyone friends and as always, it's a Raggedy-good time in Cookie Land. Delight in the scrumptious adventures of the ever-lovable Raggedys in ather of Johnny Gruelle's wondrous storybooks. Full of funny, curious, and kookie creatures, this delectable Raggedy Ann classic will have readers chuckling with every turning page. First published in 1931 and restored to its original condition, Raggedy Ann in Cookie Land, w back in print, is a treat for all ages.
- Author BiographyJohnny Gruelle (1880-1938) was an extremely talented cartoonist, illustrator, and storyteller. He had already written and illustrated a book of original fairy tales before creating the first two Raggedy books, Raggedy Ann Stories and Raggedy Andy Stories. Raggedy Ann, heroine of the first, was the favorite doll of his daughter, Marcella, who died after a long illness at the age of thirteen. It was from her that Johnny drew inspiration to eventually create over forty Raggedy Ann and Andy books, all capturing his unique vision of childhood. Many of the stories, illustrations, and adventures in the Raggedy Ann storybooks were based on Marcella's childhood adventures. Raggedy Ann in Cookie Land was surely one of Johnny's sweetest adventure storybooks.
- Author(s)Johnny Gruelle
- PublisherSimon & Schuster Children's Publishing
- Date of Publication30/08/2010
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleRaggedy Ann
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSimon & Schuster Children's Publishing
- Content Note1, colour illustrations
- Weight144 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Illustrator(s)Johnny Gruelle
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.