All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMeet Jake La Motta: thief, rapist, killer. Raised in the Bronx slums, he fought on the streets, got sent to reform school, and served time in prison. Trusting one, slugging everyone, he beat his wife, his best friends, even the mobsters who kept the title just out of reach. But the same forces that made him a criminal--fear, rage, jealousy, self-hate, guilt--combined with his drive and intelligence to make him a winner in the ring. At age twenty-seven, after eight years of fighting, he became Middleweight Champion of the World, a hero to thousands. Then, at the peak of success, he fell apart and began a swift, harrowing descent into nightmare. Raging Bull, the Bronx Bull's brutally candid memoir, tells it all--fights, jails, sex, money--surpassing, in hard-hitting prose, even the movie that immortalized it.
- Author BiographyJake La Motta fought 106 pro bouts, winning 83, 30 by KO. He subsequently owned a night-club in Miami and had character roles in several films and TV programs. He lives in New York City.Joseph Carter is the author of a number of books and magazines and worked on the staffs of Newsweek and the New York Herald Tribune.Peter Savage, an actor, producer, and director, is Jake La Motta's boyhood friend.
- Author(s)Jake La Motta
- PublisherThe Perseus Books Group
- Date of Publication01/08/1997
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Place of PublicationCambridge, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDa Capo Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight302 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.