All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.50
About this product
- DescriptionThe decade 1911 21 was the booming adolescence of ragtime. A dozen or so years had passed since the first ragtime publications, and this ear-catching, toe-tapping pia style was gradually coming into its full flowering. Driving this evolution was the increasing interest of a new breed of composer-pianists whose involvement refreshed old ragtime forms and contents and raised keyboard technique to new levels. Rhythms became more inventive, textures more interesting, harmonies richer, and glittering keyboard stylings became the rage of the new decade.This rich collection of ragtime gems all composed between 1911 and 1921 and compiled by ted popular-music authority David A. Jasen contains 42 delightful pia solos, including: The Aeroplane, Angel Food, Blame It on the Blues, Clover Club, Crazy Bone Rag, The Foot-Warmer, Hungarian Rag, That Madrid Rag, The Midnight Trot, My Pet (a Zez Confrey classic), Pork and Beans, Rooster Rag, Rufenreddy (Roy Bargy's big hit), That's-a-Plenty, Whipped Cream, Wild Flower Rag, and 26 other hits of ragtime's most inventive decade.Reprinted here form rare sheet music, complete with original covers, these old-time tunes offer a stalgic look back to a fabled era in American musical history. They will delight pia players and audiences alike.
- PublisherDover Publications Inc.
- Date of Publication01/07/1997
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDover Publications Inc.
- Weight526 g
- Width230 mm
- Height305 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.