All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- DescriptionE. S. Dellinger, premiere author of railroad fiction, delivers three exciting tales of rugged workers and the challenges they face moving across the country and back. This volume features three stories -- Avalanche! deals with a railroad worker coming to terms with his father's death; Rud Randall must out-distance an approaching Tornado and rescue his passengers -- or risk their lives to prevent his son's suicide! Then the railroad crew calls upon the The Lion Tamer to round-up escaped circus animals! So, hop a freight, mate, and ride the rails toward thrills and romance!
- Author BiographyAmerica's foremost railroad fiction writer was born at Norwood, Mo., on June 1, 1886. At age of 4 he took his first train ride to attend the wedding of his future mother-in-law. After working as a gandy dancer on the katy, and teaching school, he got a job braking freight on the Mo.P. through the efforts of his brother, conductor Bill Dellinger. Later he and Bill went into Frisco train service. E.S. Dellinger quit the railroad, graduated from New Mexico Normal University in 1923, and served as superintendant of public schools at Spring, N.M. (1923-33), meanwhile writing for various magazines. Most of his stories are novelettes. Fifty of them appeared in Railroad Man's and Railroad Stories, beginning with Redemption For Slim (Dec. 1929). His best-known recurring characters were Brick Donley, King Lawson, Redhot Frost and Rud Randall.
- Author(s)E S Dellinger
- Date of Publication26/04/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight209 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.