All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $30.35Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionRails 2.1 brings a new level of stability and power to this acclaimed web development framework, but keeping track of its numerous moving parts is still a chore. Rails Pocket Reference offers you a painless alternative to hunting for resources online, with brief yet thorough explanations of the most frequently used methods and structures supported by Rails 2.1, along with key concepts you need to work through the framework's most tangled corners.Organized to help you quickly find what you need, this book will t only get you up to speed on how Rails works, it also provides a handy reference you can use anywhere, anytime. Inside, you'll find essential information on how to: install Rails with RubyGems; build, compile, and process files with Rake; test Rails applications using assertions and fixtures; use Rails with Ajax; connect objects to a database using ActiveRecord; make web requests with the Action Controller framework; and, use REST web service APIs And much more. Save yourself hours of frustration: If you use Rails daily and just want the facts - fast - this is your book.
- Author BiographyEric is a convert to the Ruby language, along with Rails. He was a co-founder of ShareAPhoto.com which was acquired by Hewlett-Packard in 2006. Over the past year, Eric has focused on learning as much about the Ruby language as possible. Now employed with Omniture, he spends his days working in PHP, and nights knee deep in Ruby on Rails. Eric is happily married, enjoys spending as much time with his very supportive wife, Aubree, and looks after a 'yorkie' named Maddie.
- Author(s)Eric Berry
- PublisherO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Date of Publication07/10/2008
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationSebastopol
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white line drawings, figures
- Weight172 g
- Width108 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.