All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionFollow Rails to the Atlantic through eastern Canada s railway heritage. Visit preserved railway stations in various states of use, or take in the architecture of the grand era of station building in Quebec City, Halifax, and St. John s. Board scenic railway excursions on the Orford Express or Le Train du Massif de Charlevoix, or travel to VIA Rail's destinations in remote rthern Quebec.
Rail trails lead through the Laurentian mountains and Quebec s Eastern Townships. Museums exhibit Newfoundland s colourful railway heritage, while Canada s largest railway equipment display lies near Montreal. Magnificent railway hotels include the Fairmont Le Chateau Montebello and the Algonquin Resort, as well as the stunning Chateau-style station hotel at McAdam, New Brunswick. Often forgotten are the railway bridges and trestles, stunning feats of engineering that stretch across wide valleys and churning rivers, the construction of which sometimes led to deadly consequences. Lesser-kwn attractions, such as roundhouses and employee housing, are profiled to help bring the railway era back to life.
- Author BiographyRon Brown is a geographer and travel author of more than twenty books, including Rails Across the Prairies, The Train Doesn't Stop Here Anymore, and Back Roads of Ontario. He is past chair of the Writers' Union of Canada and leads tours of Ontario's unusual sights. He lives in Toronto.
- Author(s)Ron Brown
- PublisherDundurn Group
- Date of Publication01/09/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTrains & Railways: General Interest
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintDundurn Group
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, index, bibliography
- Weight272 g
- Width203 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.