All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Great Northern and Sligo, Leitrim and Northern Counties railways were fascinating places for enthusiasts in the 1950s, with mainline expresses, branch line services and goods trains all commonplace. The railways running in the border counties hold a special place in many people's affections and this album takes a look at the stations, people and trains serving the communities in Counties Cavan, Monaghan, Fermanagh, Leitrim, Sligo and Donegal. The journey begins at Belturbet station, w restored as a community facility with a small railway museum and calls at, amongst others, Cavan, Clones, Enniskillen, Bundoran Junction and Marhamilton.
- Author BiographyAlthough English by birth Tony Burges has Irish family connections; his grandfather was from Tralee. He was very active as photographer of UK & Irish branch line railways in the period 1951 - 1959. He studied transportation at graduate school at Northwestern University, Chicago and photograhed railways extensively in the United States. He later worked for the Canadian government as Transport Policy Advisor, Dept of Finance and Director General, Grain Transportation and Handling. He is now semi retired and devoting time to writing railway books.
- Author(s)Anthony Burges
- PublisherColourpoint Books
- Date of Publication31/10/2005
- Series TitleIrish Railway Photographers S.
- Place of PublicationNewtownards
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintColourpoint Books
- Content Note54 b&w photographs
- Width240 mm
- Height204 mm
- Edition Statementillustrated edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.