All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBefore two leggeds walked on Mother Earth there was a great cold. The animals formed a council; someone had to seek help from the Creator. Rainbow Crow, a most colourful bird, was selected because he had a beautiful voice that would surely impress the Creator. He flew into the heavens and won fire from above. But on the way back the fire began to burn his plumage black and destroy his beautiful voice. But Rainbow Crow persevered, bringing the life-saving fire safely back to his friends. This Lenape legend of courage and sacrifice is masterfully retold by award-winning author David Bouchard. The stunning art, painted on traditional drums by celebrated Canadian artist, David Jean, will inspire young and old alike. English/Ojibwe edition. For the French/Ojibwe edition see Corneille Arc-en-ciel.
- Author BiographyOrder of Canada recipient and multi-award-winning MUtis bestselling author David Bouchard teams up on this occasion with Cherokee master artist David Jean and the world renowned drummers and singers Manatial in this beautiful rendition of Rainbow Crow. Accompanied by a CD, Rainbow Crow will capture the hearts of readers of all ages.David Jean was born in Toronto to immigrant parents. His father was Mainland Chinese; his mother was from Barbados, a mix of Cherokee, African, and Dutch descent. His paintings and lithographs are widely acclaimed and complement numerous notable collections worldwide, including those of Giorgio Gucci and former Prime Minister Jean Chretien.Manantial is a native South American musical group from Salasaca, Ecuador, in the Andes. The Salasaca people speak Kichwa, the indigenous language found in the songs of Manantial. After many years of performing in Ecuador, the group moved to Europe and are now based in Paris. The song Tatanka is a tribute to Native North American music and can be found on the CD The Secret of Dancing Spirits, by Ayllu Records.
- Author(s)David Bouchard
- PublisherRed Deer Press
- Date of Publication31/08/2012
- LanguageEnglish & Ojibwa
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRed Deer Press
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight331 g
- Width187 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Illustrator(s)David Jean
- Contained items statementContains Hardback and CD-Audio
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.