Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $27.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFollowing the lives of the three ships with the name Rainbow Warrior, this book, written by a long-serving Greenpeace activist, tells the inside stories of life on board and recounts some of the ships' most exciting adventures and actions. It is at once a narrative of real life on board, a history of some of the most famous vessels in the world and also a history of Greenpeace itself which goes beyond the oceans and touches on many aspects of the organization's work. In the end though it aims to bring out the personal stories and first hand accounts of the ships' adventures - tales from the high seas, full of action and daring but also of humanity and great compassion. Starting with the early life of Greenpeace and the bombing of the Rainbow Warrior I by the French secret service through to the imprisonment of the Arctic 30 by the Russians, the stories are brought to life with photos from the Greenpeace archives, maps and nautical charts. The most symbolic items belonging to the ship's historical inventory are be also included.
- Author BiographyMaite Mompo has been a Greenpeace activist for over 10 years. With the sea in her blood she started on a small training boat, the Zorba, and then moved on to crew for the Artic Sunrise, Esperanza and Rainbow Warrior. Spending half her year at sea, she has sailed from pole to pole, taken part in numerous actions and has put herself 'between the harpoon and the whale'.
- Author(s)Maite Mompo
- PublisherNew Internationalist Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication25/09/2014
- SubjectEnvironment & Ecology: General Interest
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNew Internationalist Publications Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations, maps
- Weight703 g
- Width181 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byChris Brazier
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.78
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
- AU $28.00Trending at AU $30.37
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.