Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $22.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $107.68
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $27.07Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.44
- AU $45.19Trending at AU $46.03
- AU $20.59Trending at AU $22.70
About this product
- DescriptionJoanie O'Hara and Rosalind Powell, widowed sisters in their seventies, decided to move to Rainbow's End Retirement Community in Pelican Key, Florida to be together at this stage of their lives. Pelican Key is a perfect location to retire, since it is only about twenty miles rth of Key West, where the sisters go often for a day's outing or a night of fun at one of the local bars. Even if Joanie and Roz are in their seventies, they still enjoy the night life. This is especially true when their friend Burton, who was once on Broadway in New York City, entertains the entire bar by standing on the table in his stilettos and mini skirt, singing for all he's worth. Among their other friends are Joe, a retired PI with three fingers on one hand, Lois and Morty, a couple in their eighties that carry on like teenagers, and McGhee and Ida, sisters who are new to the neighborhood and finding themselves the target of ugly vandalism. These friends enjoy evenings on the beach smoking an occasional cigar and drinking margaritas. But, t all is rosy in Rainbow's End, and the sisters are beginning to question their decision to settle there. The Hammonds, who have moved in next door, are giving the sisters uneasy feelings, especially when the couple begins selling Caliente Honey, a miracle elixir for seniors. When the residents in Rainbow start going off the deep end, and numerous burglaries start to occur that one seems to be able to solve, Joanie and Roz find themselves in the middle of it all. The story will keep you laughing and smiling as you wend your way through the new life of these two sisters as they learn to live and enjoy their later years in a wacky retirement community.
- Author BiographyJB Bonds, is the pen name for Jane and Brenda, sisters, who have raised two beautiful families, and been blessed with a close, enduring relationship throughout their lives. They have collected rich, humorous stories over the years, and decided to incorporate them into their first book, Rainbow's End. Neither have written before, but found the experience to be both rewarding and energizing. Jane lives with her husband, Jim, in New Haven, CT. and Brenda lives with her husband, Chuck, at Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
- Author(s)J B Bonds
- PublisherJb Bonds Publishing, Inc.
- Date of Publication20/02/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJb Bonds Publishing, Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight499 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.