All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGrief and loss are universal experiences which are shared by all but rarely discussed openly. As a result, many of us feel alone and isolated when we are in the grip of the crushing emotions that accompany the death of someone we love. Nothing prepares us for the barrage of bewildering behaviors, thoughts and reactions that so often follow a loss. When author Peggy Waterfall watched both parents and her life partner die within one year, she emerged with a unique perspective on the timeless experience of grief and loss. In Rainbows and Rain: Finding Comfort in Times of Loss, we learn that it is possible to find joy again, but we must first learn to grieve. We also learn that we are often unable to express to others what we are experiencing and can find ourselves at a loss to adequately convey our feelings. We want desperately to find the right words so that we can explain our strange behavior to our families, our co-workers, our friends. This book helps us to understand the importance of being patient with ourselves and is the first step in healing.
- Author BiographyPeggy Waterfall is not a grief counselor or health care provider, but she experienced deep loss and learned some extraordinary lessons from her journey. After she retired from corporate America and moved to Hawaii she found the strength to heal from her grief and loss. She has written this book to help others give themselves permission to grieve. Rainbows and Rain: Finding Comfort in Times of Loss is her first book.
- Author(s)Peggy Waterfall
- PublisherBooksurge Publishing
- Date of Publication26/10/2005
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBooksurge Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight127 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $43.76
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.25
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.