All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionBy far the largest of the collections 'Raincoast Chronicles Fourth Five' collects the complete 'Raincoast Chronicles' 16, 17, 18, 19, and 20 and is living proof that some things just keep getting better. Containing 32 inimitable stories, from poems and articles, the volume expounds on such diverse matters as supernatural deer, the cannery village of Ceepeecee, fishing-fleet superstitions and the coveted recipe for donkey boiler coffee. Writers include coast favourites Howard White, Doreen Armitage, Tom Henry, Dick Hammond, Vickie Jensen and Bus Griffiths. As a bonus, this collection includes two longer features: one on the history of Telegraph Cove, BC, by Pat Wastell Norris and one on the frontier women of BC by Stephen Hume. The book is illustrated in characteristically extravagant fashion with drawings and archival photos.
- Author BiographyHoward White was born in 1945 in Abbotsford, British Columbia. He was raised in a series of camps and settlements on the BC coast and never got over it. He is still to be found stuck barnacle-like to the shore at Pender Harbour, BC. He started Raincoast Chronicles and Harbour Publishing in the early 1970s. He has been awarded the Order of BC, the Canadian Historical Association's Career Award for Regional History, the Stephen Leacock Medal for Humour, the Jim Douglas Publisher of the Year Award and a Honorary Doctorate of Laws Degree from the University of Victoria. In 2007, White was made an Officer of the Order of Canada. He has twice been runner-up in the Whisky Slough Putty Man Triathlon.
- PublisherHarbour Publishing
- Date of Publication09/11/2005
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintHarbour Publishing
- Content Noteb/w photos
- Weight1436 g
- Width290 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Edited byHoward White
- Edition StatementCollector's ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.