All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThere are places on earth more mysterious and complex than tropical rainforests. These wonders of biodiversity cover just six percent of the earth's surface, yet are home to over half of all identified animal and plant species and contain one fourth of the world's fresh water. Famed biologist E.O. Wilson said that walking into a rainforest is like entering a treasure house. With stunning photographs by the world's leading nature photographers--including new work by Tim Flach- -and inspiring text by award-winning author Lewis Blackwell, Rainforest opens our minds to breathtaking beauty of this endangered natural world, with its verdant plant life and diverse animal species. Swooping from aerial to eye level perspectives, Rainforest captures the world's most fascinating ecosystem at all scales, from a vast sleeping forest cloaked in morning mist to the brilliant iridescent flicker of a butterfly's wing.
- Author BiographyLewis Blackwell is an author, editor and creative director in photography, who's numerous books include The Life and Love of Trees and Almost Human. He is currently chief creative officer of Evolve Images.
- Author(s)Lewis Blackwell
- Date of Publication01/11/2014
- SubjectNatural History: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2004
- Content Note150 colour photographs
- Weight2517 g
- Width305 mm
- Height305 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsWith printed dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.