All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOver the course of her long and creative career, quilting expert Sylvia Critcher has established her own unique process for combining raised quilt and stitch techniques to create wonderful effects. Sylvia's method features a variety of quilting and raised embroidery techniques including trapunto, Italian quilting, le boutis, French-style cording and English quilting. The book will guide you through the history and context of these traditional techniques and show you how to combine them with the necessary stitches to create Sylvia's distinctive style of work. This book will show you exactly how Sylvia creates her richly textured surfaces by following a simple step-by-step pincushion project from start to finish. The process is broken down into key stages, and clear illustrations are given to guide the reader through the process. All the instructions and templates needed to create nine further contemporary projects are given: a ring pillow, chair cushion, bag, needlecase, lap quilt, runner, table centre, wall hanging and full-size quilt. All the templates required are given at actual size in a handy pull-out section. The book also contains a helpful section on 'developing designs' and a gallery of beautiful pieces to inspire.
- Author BiographySylvia Critcher trained at Goldsmiths College in Fine Art & Textiles. She has taught patchwork, quilting, life drawing, fabric printing, painting, sculpture, embroidery and a wide range of related textile subjects for many years. Since 1997, Sylvia has been a judge at national quilting events, and in January 2001 she was appointed Judge Co-ordinator for Grosvenor Shows Ltd. As well as creating textile projects and writing articles for National magazines, Sylvia was project co-ordinator for Fabrications magazine from 2004-2012. She has demonstrated at national quilt events since 1997 and holds mini-workshops as an invited quilt expert at all the major quilt shows and quilt fairs throughout the UK. You can also find her on the Just Hands-on TV website, the UK s premier patchwork, quilting and textile art TV website, which is also featured on YouTube.
- Author(s)Sylvia Critcher
- PublisherSearch Press Ltd
- Date of Publication15/05/2016
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationTunbridge Wells
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSearch Press Ltd
- Content Note280 colour illustrations
- Weight790 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.