All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRaising Children At Promise is a practical resource and inspiring companion workbook to the revolutionary book Children At Promise, which replaced at-risk thinking with an at-promise strategy to help all kids succeed and overcome challenges in their lives through a trusting relationship with a caring adult. Step by step, this workbook explains the AT PROMISE paradigm and offers stories, activities, self-assessments, prayer reflections, and answers to frequently asked questions, encouraging readers to understand and apply At Promise principles in their daily relationships with kids. Most tably, an observation guide facilitates focused thinking and journaling about kids, giving parents and educators a tool for recognizing progress and kwing how to encourage children to live up to their potential. Solidly grounded in tested educational and psychological theory as well as timeless biblical wisdom, Raising Children At Promise offers a groundbreaking approach to character growth in kids.
- Author BiographyTimothy S. Stuart, Ed.D., serves as the high school principal at Rehoboth Christian School in New Mexico. He is a member of North Carolina's High Plains Saponi Indian Tribe and a Gates Millennium Scholar. Tim has worked with kids as a secondary school teacher, coach, and administrator on three continents. The founder and president of At Promise, Inc., Tim speaks widely on the At-Promise paradigm. He and his wife, Mona, have been married for eleven years and have three children. Mona M. Stuart has taught English and mentored junior and senior high school students in both North America and Europe. She also served as a boarding school Dorm Mom to hundreds of high school girls and as a college counselor before becoming a student of her own three children. Mona speaks at conferences and retreats and is a professional grant writer for nonprofit organizations serving At-Promise youth.
- Author(s)Mona Stuart,Timothy S. Stuart
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication10/01/2005
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJossey-Bass Inc.,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight330 g
- Width191 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.