Raising Ephesus: Christian Hope for a Post-Christian Age by T E Hanna (Paperback / softback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $22.72Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $33.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrustrated With The Church In America? You're Not Alone.The church in the West is undeniably a church in crisis. Most of Europe is already post-Christian, and Christianity in the United States is quickly following suit. One in five Americans identify themselves as nreligious, much of public Christianity defines itself in terms of political stances rather than holiness or discipleship, and churches in Africa, China, and Latin America are w sending their missionaries to us. As Christians, we are losing our place as influencers of western culture.This is t the first time the church has faced such a challenge, however. Reading through the letters penned by Paul the Apostle to the early churches, we discover that the overwhelming majority of them were in similar crisis. The Corinthians were being consumed by the hyper sexual culture in which they were embedded. The church in Galatia was abandoning the faith and turning to follow false teachers. The Thessalonians and Colossians, too, were facing travail and challenge and internal strife.In the midst of this, we discover Paul's letter to the Ephesians. This letter stood apart. Rather than a letter of correction, it became a letter of praise, uplifting a body of Christians that seemed to get it. To these people, then, Paul unpacks his theology of the church. It is here that he begins communicating what it means to become people who stand apart, who embody holiness, and who become the hope of a broken world.And hope they became. We stand as recipients of their legacy, of the power of the people of God who lived in ways that changed an empire and then the world. These were people who planted their feet in a hostile world surrounded by a church in crisis. These are people who can still speak to us today.In Raising Ephesus, pastor and teacher T E Hanna (the writer behind Of Dust & Kings - one of the most read ministry blogs in the world) offers us a glimpse into our modern age through the eyes of the ancients, reminding us what it truly means to be the Church and calling us to raise Ephesus once more in the midst of the post-Christian West.What People Are Saying About Raising Ephesus: .. .channeling the boldness of Luther, the honesty of Augustine, the heart of Wesley and the calling of the Holy Spirit the author of Raising Ephesus challenges the body of the Messiah to seek their first Love. J. R. Jones, Author of The Morning Star.. .As I read this, I got the clear sense that God's Holy Spirit picked up T E Hanna's finger and put it squarely on the pulse of our current Christian culture... Mark Capron Facing a society that, on a good day is lukewarm towards today's church, Raising Ephesus calls us back to the words of Paul... a call to an authentic relationship with Christ and with each other...the kind of relationship that leaves a lasting impact. Emily Carson.. .when I started reading Raising Ephesus, I found both a critical look at the modern day church and hope for redirecting the church's future... It challenged me to be less selfish about how I look at being a part of a church and inspired me to remember why we do church in the first place. Allison McClishScroll up and grab a copy today!
- Author BiographyT E Hanna is the author of the book Raising Ephesus: Christian Hope for a Post-Christian Age and the accompanying five-booklet devotional series Ancient Faith for a Modern World. His blog, Of Dust & Kings, is one of the top 150 most read ministry blogs in the world, and he is a contributing writer for Believe.com. In 2013, he graduated with a Masters of Divinity degree from Asbury Theological Seminary. In addition to writing, he has served the church in various roles since 1999: from youth pastor, to outreach pastor, to a senior pastorate. During his free time, he enjoys spending time with his family, reading, and training in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.
- Author(s)T E Hanna
- Date of Publication25/10/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight268 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.34New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.85Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.