All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis combination parenting and personal finance book helps parents teach their children key money skills--such as saving, spending, budgeting, investing, building credit, and donating--that they'll need to become financially secure adults. Parents want their children to enjoy bright ecomic futures. But how do we equip the next generation with lifelong financial skills? In this updated edition of Raising Financially Fit Kids, Joline Godfrey shares kwledge gleaned from two decades of preparing children and families for financial independence and stewardship, philanthropic effectiveness, and meaningful ecomic lives. At the heart of the book are three big ideas: Financial education is t just about the money; it sabout building great families and raising self-confident kids who have the tools to realize their dreams. Financial sustainability means living within one s means and acquiring skills to create and manage human and financial capital. Giving wisely is a global citizen s responsibility. Designed for parents, grandparents, mentors, advisors, and educators, Raising Financially Fit Kids uses ten core money skills applied across five developmental life stages: children, tweens, middle schoolers, high schoolers, and twenty-somethings. Each stage includes age-appropriate activities that make financial fitness fun, from mall scavenger hunts to financial film festivals. In this global ecomic landscape, we all need financial fluency. Whether your child is five, fifteen, or twenty-five years old, it s never too late to teach financial literacy. Raising Financially Fit Kids prepares your children for the complexities of living in a global ecomy and helps your family up your game from good to great.
- Author BiographyJOLINE GODFREY has been a pioneer in the field of financial education since 1990. Today she is one of the country s foremost experts on kids, families, and money. Godfrey is founder and CEO of Independent Means, Inc., a leading provider of financial education for families. Recognized in features for the Today show, Oprah, Fortune, BusinessWeek, and the New York Times, Godfrey is a frequent speaker and consult-ant worldwide. She lives in Ojai, California. Visit www.independentmeans.com and follow her blog at www.independentmeans.com/imi/category/joline.
- Author(s)Joline Godfrey
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication09/07/2013
- SubjectMoney & Consumer Issues
- Place of PublicationBerkeley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTen Speed Press
- Content NoteColour Illustrations
- Weight549 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement2nd edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.31
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.70
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.30
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $83.84
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.73
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.