All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA groundbreaking roadmap for improving global literacy and conflict-resolution skills in middle and high schools across the United States In Raising Global IQ, Carl Hobert calls on K-12 teachers, administrators, parents, and students alike to transform the educational system by giving students the tools they need to become responsible citizens in a shrinking, increasingly interdependent world. Drawing on his nearly thirty years teaching, developing curricula, and leading conflict-resolution workshops here and around the world, he offers creative, well-tested, and understandable pedagogical ideas to help improve our children's GIQ-- Global Intelligence Quotient. Cognizant of many U.S. schools' limited budgets and time, Hobert advocates teaching foreign languages early in life, honing students' conflict-resolution skills, providing creative-service learning opportunities, and offering cultural-exchange possibilities in students' own communities, as well as nationally and abroad--all before they graduate from high school.
- Author BiographyCarl F. Hobert is a clinical instructor in the Boston University School of Education. He alsoheads the Axis of Hope Center for International Conflict Management and Prevention, a Boston-based nonprofit organization that offers conflict-resolution simulation workshops for both students and educators in middle and high schools around the world. In this capacity, he lectures worldwide and hosts workshops for students and educators. Hobert earned a master s in law and diplomacy from the Tufts Fletcher School. He lives in Wayland, Massachusetts.
- Author(s)Carl Hobert
- PublisherBeacon Press
- Date of Publication15/04/2013
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationBoston, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBeacon Press
- Weight408 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.34New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.