All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen neuroscientists cracked the mystery of reading in the 1980s, they pinpointed the simple steps parents can take to help all children become skilled, avid readers. Yet this information still hasn't spread from the research community to the general public, leaving a huge gap between what scientists have learned and parents kw about raising readers. Though many parents are concerned about their children's reading abilities, they have idea how to help their children become readers. And they commonly believe that it is impossible to raise readers because of competition from techlogy. Bridging the gap between scientists and busy parents by combining the latest scientific research with what she has learned as a teacher and mother, author Nancy Newman offers a simple, practical, and joyful approach that boosts children's literacy skills and instills an enduring love of reading. Using accessible, parent-friendly language, realistic examples of family life, and humor, this indispensable guide translates neuroscience into common sense, and provides easy, effective, everyday strategies that can be adapted to a wide range of families, personalities, and schedules. Everyone who wants to encourage children to become lifelong fans of the written word--parents, grandparents, teachers, librarians, and learning specialists--will be inspired, informed, and empowered.
- Author BiographyNancy Newman is a remedial English teacher, parenting educator, popular lecturer, and novelist, who helped her children overcome dyslexia and other difficulties to become avid readers and dazzling students. In 1995, she began giving lectures on raising readers at various schools, libraries, community centers, and corporate luncheons. She lives in New York City.
- Author(s)Nancy Newman
- PublisherTribeca View Press, LLC
- Date of Publication30/09/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTribeca View Press, LLC
- Weight363 g
- Width150 mm
- Height224 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.