All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionStress is rising alarmingly in our children, both at school and at home. Across the world, hearts are racing, faces are pale - and most of the time we're unaware that many of our children are chronically stressed. Drawing on cutting-edge research from the Institute of HeartMath, California, as well as Shelley Davidow's extensive experience in working with children and teens, Raising Stress-Proof Kids explores the powerful and potentially long-term effects of stress on our children. Most importantly, it offers simple but effective steps that parents can take to minimise the impact of stress at home and at school. These include tools from the author's 'Restorative Parenting Toolbox', empowering parents with the necessary skills to: * resolve behaviour issues * deal with temper tantrums * resolve sibling rivalries * handle bullying * cope with teenagers testing their independence * navigate the challenges posed by the virtual world, and * provide firm, effective guidance when problems arise. A must-read for every parent who wants to raise smart, emotionally stable, responsible, stress-proof kids!
- Author BiographyShelley Davidow is a teacher, author and trained facilitator in Restorative Practice. She runs workshops nationally and internationally on the impact and management of stress at home, in the workplace and in the classroom. With her focus on social and emotional health, Shelley has worked across the US and Australia in private and public schools conducting readings and workshops and facilitating discussions with young people on the many issues they confront.
- Author(s)Shelley Davidow
- PublisherExisle Publishing
- Date of Publication01/03/2014
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Place of PublicationWoolombi
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2014
- ImprintExisle Publishing
- Content NoteB&w illustrations
- Weight440 g
- Width151 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK),Sewn,Laminated cover
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.