All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThrough real-life examples and time-tested advice, this guide provides parents and coaches insights into how to deal with the challenges and pitfalls that arise as children progress in sports. From handling the inevitable tears and frustrations and honing the appropriate message for varying age ranges and skill levels to recognizing the real performance enhancers and how to keep burut at bay, this handbook emphasizes integrity, hard work, and practice as well asthe importance of teamwork, sportsmanship, and leadership in players. Advice on using humor to relieve stress, overcoming adversity, andhow to handle troublesome coaches is also included.
- Author BiographyJack Percontewas a professionalbaseball playerfortheLos Angeles Dodgers, the Cleveland Indians, the Seattle Mariners, and the Chicago White Sox. He has taught baseball and softball for more than 20 years, most recently at his sports academy in Naperville, Illinois. He is a contributor to Baseball the Magazine and the author of The Making of a Hitter. He lives in Lisle, Illinois.
- Author(s)Jack Perconte
- PublisherSecond Base Publishing
- Date of Publication01/09/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSecond Base Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight249 g
- Width137 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.