All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat is prisoners' radio? Who is involved in creating these types of programs and what influence do they have on discourses of law and order? Internationally, radio that operates for, or by, prisoners exists almost exclusively within the community radio context. Little has been documented about the genre so far. Raising the Civil Dead seeks to address this lack of information. It examines prisoners' radio as citizens' media, connecting directly to tions of civic responsibility. It focuses on the ways in which people produce media and how these activities transform those individuals. The research is the result of four in-depth case studies conducted in two countries, complemented by an international inventory of prisoners' radio programs and stations.
- Author BiographyHeather Anderson completed her doctorate in 2008 and currently lectures in Media Studies, Journalism and Social Enterprise at Griffith University, Queensland, Australia. She has been involved in the community radio sector since the early 1990's, especially with Brisbane station, 4ZzZ.
- Author(s)Heather Anderson
- PublisherPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Date of Publication08/12/2011
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2011
- ImprintPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Content Note99, tables and graphs
- Weight410 g
- Width150 mm
- Height220 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.27New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.42
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.