All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume examines what the citizen soldiery of the New England States wore when they marched off to save the Union in 1861. An exhaustive search of thousands of newspapers yielded a myriad of reports and personal accounts from soldiers' letters, which together offer a hitherto unpublished view of the stirring events during the first few months of the Civil War. Combined with fascinating detail from numerous diaries and regimental histories, the author is able to describe the appearance of the Union volunteers of Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, Connecticut, Vermont, and Maine. The narrative is enhanced by photographs of original uniform items from private collections, plus imagery of the day showing the great variety of clothing and headgear worn. Accepted by The Company of Military Historians, this is an essential reference for collectors, living historians, modelers, and curators, as well as anyone with a general interest in the Civil War.
- Author BiographyRon Field is a retired history teacher and an award-winning author of nineteenth century military history. He is a Fellow of The Company of Military Historians and senior editor of Military Images.
- Author(s)Ron Field
- PublisherSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication28/09/2015
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationAtglen
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Content Note165 colour & b/w photos
- Weight1120 g
- Width215 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.