Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.84Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.41Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.73Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionThe son of civic-minded immigrant parents, Ralph Nader was taught from an early age to appreciate the citizen's role in a democracy. For over four decades, Nader has dedicated his life to challenging government and industrial practices-from protecting the environment and battling for consumer and automotive safety to blowing the whistle on corporate corruption. In spite of Congressional distaste for Nader, he has sought the presidency three times, most recently in 2004. His work has inspired countless others to follow his example, and many foundations he established and financed continue to challenge corporate, industrial, and government policies. Marcello has captured the public and private Nader in a biography that will intrigue students and general readers. Written with the cooperation of his family, it provides original insight into an icon. The book includes a timeline of his life and achievements.
- Author BiographyPATRICIA CRONIN MARCELLO is a freelance writer who lives in Florida with her husband and daughter. She has written eight books, including biographies of Gloria Steinem (Greenwood, 2004), the Dalai Lama (Greenwood, 2003), and Princess Diana. She has also written for national and regional publications and was an instructor for the Institute of Children's Literature for more than five years.
- Author(s)Patricia Cronin Marcello
- Date of Publication30/09/2004
- SubjectBiography: General
- Series TitleGreenwood Biographies
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight426 g
- Width176 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.