All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the last decade, school shootings have decimated communities and terrified parents, teachers, and children in even the most family friendly American towns and suburbs. These tragedies appear to be the spontaneous acts of disconnected teens, but this important book argues that the roots of violence are deeply entwined in the communities themselves. Rampage challenges the loner theory of school violence and shows why so many adults and students miss the warning signs that could prevent it.
- Author BiographyKatherine S. Newman is the Malcolm Wiener Professor of Urban Studies at Harvard's Kennedy School of Government and Dean of Social Science at the Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study. She lives in Newton, MA. Cybelle Fox is a doctoral candidate in the Sociology and Social Policy Program at Harvard University. David Harding is a doctoral candidate in the Sociology and Social Policy Program at Harvard University. Jal Mehta is a doctoral candidate in the Sociology and Social Policy Program at Harvard University. Wendy Roth is a doctoral candidate in the Sociology and Social Policy Program at Harvard University.
- Author(s)Cybelle Fox,David Harding,Jal Mehta,Katherine S. Newman,Wendy Roth
- PublisherThe Perseus Books Group
- Date of Publication13/04/2005
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBasic Books
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight628 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $199.00Trending at AU $201.75
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $36.17Trending at AU $70.69
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.37
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $92.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.