Ranch-Horse Versatility: A Winner's Guide to Successful Rides by Fran Smith, Mike Major (Paperback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $32.31Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $51.94+ AU $28.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWritten by multiple American Quarter Horse Association world champion Mike Major, Ranch-Horse Versatility helps prepare you to participate in the equine world's fastest growing event, matter which competitive association you prefer. Major's training tips can improve your horse's performance in all aspects of ranch-versatility competition, and the expertise he shares, gleaned both in the show arena and from real ranch work, can help polish anyone's horsemanship skills.
- Author BiographyWho better than Mike Major of Fowler, Colo., to discuss the versatile ranch horse and the event that showcases his talents? He and his stallion, Smart Whiskey Doc, claimed the American Quarter Horse Association's 2006 Bayer Select Working Cow Horse World Champion title, and Whiskey became the World's Greatest Versatility Horse at the National Versatility Ranch Horse Association 2008 and 2009 National Finals. Mike has since ridden Whiskey to two more AQHA national titles, 2009 and 2010 Versatility Ranch Horse Open World Champion. Ranch-raised in New Mexico, Mike grew up working cattle and riding everything from racehorses, saddle broncs and bucking bulls to cutting and roping horses. He and wife Holly now own and operate Major Cattle Company on the Flying A Ranch, once owned by rodeo company partners Gene Autry and Harry Knight. Mike and Holly also raise Quarter Horses that multitask on the ranch and in the show arena. Their dual-purpose ranch horses benefit from the fine-tuning necessary for the competitive arena, and their top-flight show horses benefit from ranch work. My horses have jobs other than those in the arena, and that's an advantage, Mike admits. When a horse is a little tired of the show pen, I take him out to gather cattle all morning and brand calves all afternoon. Instead of drilling on him in the arena and making him dread it, I give him a job. It makes all the difference in the world. Fran Devereux Smith joined the Western Horseman staff in 1992, initially as a staff writer, and in 1993 became an associate editor with the magazine. She then served as managing editor of the magazine for several years before becoming book publishing director for Western Horseman's book division. A broad-based background in the equine industry has proven an asset to Fran's work in equine journalism. A lifelong horsewoman, she grew up showing horses and rodeoing, qualifying for the College National Finals Rodeo and representing her home state as Miss Rodeo Arkansas. As an adult, Fran continued showing, primarily reining horses, but competed in everything from hunt-seat classes to team penning, and she has ridden trails nationwide. Fran also spent several years training horses, giving riding instruction and participating in the family cattle work before coming to Western Horseman.
- Author(s)Fran Smith,Mike Major
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication15/05/2011
- SubjectEquestrian & Animal Sports
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGlobe Pequot Press
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight44 g
- Width203 mm
- Height272 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $189.94New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.27New
- AU $93.07Used
- AU $93.07New
- AU $101.13New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.88New
- AU $61.04Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.72
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.18
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.07
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.43
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.