All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.10
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.94
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.68
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.26
- AU $12.24Trending at AU $21.04
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.66
About this product
- DescriptionThe hero of this black farce of a book is Gerald Samper, a ghostwriter to unbearable sports celebrities and rock stars, whose dream is to write the libretto of an opera. After an unsuccessful sojourn in Suffolk that ends in the accidental death of an ancient aristocrat, Gerry returns to Tuscany to the site of his collapsed house, w a place of pilgrimage after the strange apparition of a deceased English princess with great legs. A sinister estate agent smells a chance to make serious money, and Gerry is persuaded to go along with the scam in return for certain favours. Meanwhile, Gerry is motivated to collaborate on an opera about the life of Princess Diana, the t-quite-saint who has inspired such strange devotion. The premiere will be the high point of his life, though t quite in the way he imagines...
- Author BiographyJames Hamilton-Paterson's work has been translated into many languages. He is a highly acclaimed author of non-fiction books, including Seven-Tenths, Three Miles Down and America's Boy. Gerontius, his first novel, won the Whitbread Award. He lives in Tuscany.
- PrizesShortlisted for Bollinger Everyman Wodehouse Prize 2009.
- Author(s)James Hamilton-Paterson
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication03/07/2008
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Weight304 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
- Edition StatementMain
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.