All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe French philosopher Jacques Ranciere is well kwn across the world for his groundbreaking contributions to aesthetic and political theory and for his radical rethinking of the question of equality. This much-needed new collection situates Ranciere's thought in a range of practical and theoretical contexts. These specially commissioned essays cover the complete history of Ranciere's work and reflect its interdisciplinary reach. They span his early historical research of the 1960s and '70s, his celebrated critique of pedagogy and his later political theory of dissensus and disagreement, as well as his ongoing analysis of literature and 'the aesthetic regime of art'. Ranciere's resistance to psychoanalytic thinking is also explored, as are his most recent publications on film and film theory. Contributors include Tom Conley, Carolyn Steedman, Genevieve Fraisse, Jean-Luc Nancy, Jeremy Lane, and many more. The book also includes a brand new interview with Ranciere, reflecting on his intellectual project and developing new lines of thought from his latest major work, Aisthesis. Ranciere Now will be essential reading for students and scholars across the humanities and social sciences; it will stimulate and inspire discussion of Ranciere s work for years to come.
- Author BiographyOliver Davis is Associate Professor of French Studies and Programme Director of the Centre for Research in Philosophy, Literature and the Arts at the University of Warwick. He is the author of, among other works, the critical introduction Jacques Ranciere (Polity, 2010).
- Author(s)Oliver Davis
- PublisherPolity Press
- Date of Publication13/09/2013
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPolity Press
- Weight318 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.