All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBlending theoretical results with practical applications, this book provides an introduction to random matrix theory and shows how it can be used to tackle a variety of problems in wireless communications. The Stieltjes transform method, free probability theory, combinatoric approaches, deterministic equivalents and spectral analysis methods for statistical inference are all covered from a unique engineering perspective. Detailed mathematical derivations are presented throughout, with thorough explanation of the key results and all fundamental lemmas required for the reader to derive similar calculus on their own. These core theoretical concepts are then applied to a wide range of real-world problems in signal processing and wireless communications, including performance analysis of CDMA, MIMO and multi-cell networks, as well as signal detection and estimation in cognitive radio networks. The rigorous yet intuitive style helps demonstrate to students and researchers alike how to choose the correct approach for obtaining mathematically accurate results.
- Author BiographyRomain Couillet is an Assistant Professor at the Chair on System Sciences and the Energy Challenge at Supelec, France. Previously he was an Algorithm Development Engineer for ST-Ericsson and he received his Ph.D. from Supelec in 2010. Merouane Debbah is a Professor at Supelec, where he holds the Alcatel-Lucent Chair on Flexible Radio. He is the recipient of several awards, including the 2007 General Symposium IEEE Globecom best paper award and the Wi-Opt 2009 best paper award.
- Author(s)Merouane Debbah,Romain Couillet
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication29/09/2011
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note91 b/w illus. 8 tables
- Weight1090 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine32 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.