Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.17Trending at AU $52.09
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $31.97Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionExcerpts of Preface... The brain is a mysterious thing. It is active all day long. It never stops functioning even during our sleep. It is easily among the most used organ of our body regardless whether we are consciously controlling it at any given moment or t. But what also strikes me about the brain is its seeming randomness of direction, especially when we are t actively directing it. One moment we are thinking of the day's tasks at hand, the next moment it's about that summer 10 years ago when we had a good time with friends and family. One moment I am writing this introduction, and seconds later, I am thinking about that reunion with some college friends to catch up with a few days from w. (No, it's t just attention span deficit syndrome, okay?) This is why it is fascinating to me how our minds work. We are never really in full control of it. Whether we are reading a book, watching a movie, or talking to someone, our mind may wander off without warning to places where we've been, or destinations where we might want to be. To events we'd like to remember, to unfortunate experiences we'd rather forget if t delete from our brain. This collection of random thoughts might feel like that. It has absolutely order or theme that can tie it all together. Just as the brain may t have a unifying train of thought during long stretches of time. It reads as randomly as the brain frequently works. Some are funny, some may sound sanctimonious, some are reflections, some are sarcastic, some are practical advices, and some are just thoughts t meant to be taken too seriously. Hopefully, however, all are worthwhile reads and that you'll enjoy the ride on the many trains of thoughts inside.
- Author BiographyAlvin is living in his native country, the Philippines. He works for a chemical company based in Europe before which most of his employment life was in Consumer Marketing with various companies. These days, he spends a lot of his free time collecting wayward streams of thoughts of his and tries to make the most sense of them. Turning 40 this year 2010, he considers himself as possibly undergoing the so-called midlife crisis. Or strictly speaking, post-midlife crisis because 40, he explains, is beyond the midpoint of the average person's life expectancy these days. A sad thought, indeed, but he thinks there might still be some time left for him to do what he would really love to do were it not for the economics of life. Better late than never. He is blessed with a beautiful wife and two wonderful kids that makes the realm outside the brain all worthwhile.
- Author(s)A Z Olmedo
- Date of Publication19/04/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectSelf Improvement: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Illustrator(s)J P Olmedo,L P Olmedo
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.