All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionI knew that for my own morality and conscious, I had to see a weapon and feel the threat before I could pull the trigger. I yelled at Jim again to bring his hand out slowly. On my own gun, I could see the hammer move toward me as I put more pressure on the trigger. I was mentally prepared for Jims' next move. -Excerpt, Knives Were Involved, Chapter 13 Grand Canyon National Park, Grand Canyon, AZ Michael Meyer considers himself one of the luckiest men on Earth. He didn't work in a corporate building all his life, instead, he went to work everyday in the wilds of America's most beautiful national parks, including Yellowstone, Grand Canyon, the West, and in Alaska. Here, Ranger Stories presents 23 of the best, most exciting moments from a lifetime as a top-level law enforcement ranger for the Park Service and Bureau of Land Management. It is also the story of a humble hero who at the height of his career, made a difficult choice for the happiness of his family. Meyer led an envious lifestyle of adventure involving boats, .38 caliber revolvers, helicopters, high-speed chases, and sheer courage in man-to-man standoffs. His is a memoir that reads like a modern-day cowboy Western where life is valued very little by some of the hardened characters Meyer crossed paths with. By honing his tactics as a smart and patient law enforcer, you'll marvel at how rangers protect tourists when they're t even looking and long after vacation season has ended.
- Author(s)Michael John Meyer
- Date of Publication01/11/2006
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight181 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.