All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA retired American steps off the plane at Prestwick, hoping to discover the land of his fathers. A beleaguered politician in Edinburgh dips her feet into a hot bath. An old drunk man in Peterhead has a mystical vision at the harbour. A supermarket checkout girl in Port Glasgow approaches work with a baseball bat...Part living-room gathering, part play, part gig session, Rantin draws on storytelling, live music and an unapologetically haphazard take on Scottish folk tradition, in an attempt to stitch together fragmented stories to reveal a botched patchwork of a nation.
- Author BiographyKieran Hurley is an award-winning writer, performer, and theatre maker based in Glasgow whose work has been presented internationally and throughout the U.K. Theatre includes Rantin (National Theatre of Scotland / The Arches), Beats (The Arches), Hitch (The Arches), Chalk Farm co-written with AJ Taudevin (Oran Mor, ThickSkin). Other theatre includes The Jean Jacques Rousseau Show as co-writer (Oran Mor), Demons as co-writer (Oran Mor), London 2012: Glasgow (Theatre Uncut). At the time of print, Kieran is currently playwright in residence with the National Theatre of Scotland as recipient of the Pearson Playwrights' Scheme bursary.
- Author(s)Kieran Hurley
- PublisherOberon Books Ltd
- Date of Publication30/01/2014
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Series TitleOberon Modern Plays
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOberon Books Ltd
- Weight77 g
- Width130 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine5 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.51Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.