All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRio De Sangre tells the story, in Spanish, of the overthrow of a dictatorship in a fictional South American country. In the aftermath of a coup d etat, the new leader of a Latin American republic embarks on an idealistic course for his nascent government. Faced with numerous problems and one to trust, our protagonist Delacruz realizes that the good of the country and the protection of his own family may be more than he can achieve. A series of catastrophic events follow earthquakes, kidnapping and assassination, combine to allow the rise of an adversarial wolf in sheep s clothing. The outbreak of a riot affords the opportunity for this adversary to assume control of the government, thus perpetuating the tragic cycle of oppression. The passion and color of the South American heritage, and the triumphs and struggles of its people throughout its history of oppression and tragedy suggests music of monumental drama.
- Author BiographyDr. Kate Gale is Managing Editor of Red Hen Press, Editor of the Los Angeles Review, President of the American Composers Forum LA, and was recently a two-term President of PEN USA. She is the author of five books of poetry (most recently, Mating Season, published by Tupelo Press), a novel entitled Lake of Fire, a bilingual children s book, and six librettos. Her librettos include: a libretto co-written with Ursula K. LeGuin and composer Stephen Taylor entitled ParadisesLost; a libretto adapted from the novel Kindred by Octavia Butler, with composer Billy Childs; a libretto based on The Inner Circle by T. C. Boyle, with composer Daniel Felsenfeld; and a libretto entitled Afterthe Opera, with composer Veronika Krauses. Dr. Gale has published articles, poems, and fiction in various literary journals and magazines, including: Gargoyle, Oberon, Cimarron Review, Rattle, The Brownstone Review, Georgia Review, Hayden s FerryReview, Black Clock, Northeast Journal, Paterson Literary Review, Quarterly West, Poems & Plays and Eclipse.She teaches in the Low Residency MFA program at the University of Nebraska in Poetry, Fiction, and Creative Non-Fiction. She serves on the boards of the A Room of Her Own Foundation, the School of Arts and Humanities of Claremont Graduate University, and the Poetry Society of America. She lives in Los Angeles with her husband and children.
- Author(s)Kate Gale
- PublisherRed Hen Press
- Date of Publication19/08/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRed Hen Press
- Weight136 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Translated byAlicia Partnoy
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.