All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionRapid Chess Improvement is the ideal book for serious adult players who want to improve. It describes a study plan which came about thanks to a re-evaluation of standard chess teaching and includes several unique components aimed at improving deficiencies in the play of adult players. This book is the only one of its kind for the simple reason that it has been written by an author who hugely improved his own rating over a 12 month period by following his own advice. He therefore fully understands the challenges faced by enthusiastic players who are relatively new to the game. This is in sharp contrast to most books aimed at this level which are usually written by very strong players who have long forgotten what it feels like to be starting out in the game.
- Author BiographyMichael de la Maza is a chess writer whose articles have appeared in Chess Horizons, the top local magazine in the United States and Chess Caf (www.chesscafe.com), the leading on-line site for chess book reviews. By following his own advice he gained 400 USCF rating points (50 BCF points) in 12 months. He lives in the US.
- Author(s)Michael de La Maza
- PublisherEveryman Chess
- Date of Publication02/04/2002
- SubjectHobbies, Pastimes & Indoor Games
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEveryman Chess
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight234 g
- Width157 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.