All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRaptors of the World (Helm, 2001) is the definitive handbook to this most popular group of birds. This new field guide uses all of the plates from Raptors of the World, with a concise, revised text on facing pages, to create a conveniently-sized, lightweight field reference covering all 340 raptor species. Several of the plates have been reworked and repainted for this guide. The book also has an updated colour distribution map for each species. Much of the extensive introductory material has been retained in this guide, with the addition of a complete species list containing all subspecies and brief details of their ranges. Armed with this guide, birders will be able to identify with confidence any raptor encountered anywhere in the world.
- Author BiographyThe authors are both highly-regarded ornithologists with a particular interest in raptors. They previously worked together on the award-winning Raptors of the World (Helm).
- Author(s)David A. Christie,James Ferguson-Lees
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication24/11/2005
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Series TitleHelm Field Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintChristopher Helm Publishers Ltd
- Content Note118 colour plates; 320+ maps
- Weight724 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine21 mm
Most relevant reviews
- aliswan201015 Jun, 2016by
10/10 For Raptors of the world field guide
Easy to navigate and very thorough information. Beautiful, detailed and accurate illustrations to aid identification.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.