Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $26.99
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $35.03
- AU $18.79Trending at AU $25.40
- AU $27.53Trending at AU $45.22
- AU $27.53Trending at AU $38.19
- AU $12.95Trending at AU $13.38
- AU $11.53Trending at AU $15.11
About this product
- DescriptionRare Stamps offers a revealing insight into the life of an actor and the making of a man. Beginning with an Academy Award mination for Billy Budd in 1962, Terence Stamp was called the most beautiful man alive, only to be discarded at the end of the decade with the words, we're looking for a younger Terence Stamp. Soul searching, he traveled alone through India, staying at the Taj Mahal Hotel while studying above a public lavatory with a chain smoking guru, only to wind up back in London and broke by 1984. Stamp's is a journey rich with characters and adventure. From dining in Paris with Orson Welles to working with Marlon Brando; being directed by Steven Soderbergh or acting beside Jim Carrey, Tom Cruise, and Matt Damon, Stamp has become an unbiased observer of his own life and the lessons gleaned from it. He writes about an actor's intuition, confronting fear, developing the voice, learning the words and surrendering to the moment in order to achieve the nearly mystical first take in a style that is both personal and captivating. But perhaps the real beauty of Rare Stamps is that, time after time, he returns to a theme that has become his mantra for life: Everything you need is in this moment.
- Date of Publication01/07/2015
- SubjectAutobiography: The Arts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Foreword byChristopher McQuarrie,Robin Sachs
- Read byTerence Stamp
- Contained items statement3 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time228
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.