All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith more than 80 hacks, this book helps you turn the low-cost Raspberry Pi into the centerpiece of some cool electronics projects. The Pi's custom Linux distribution, Raspbian, has many alternative configurations that you can advantage of. Want to create a controller for a camera or a robot? Or set up alternative Linux distributions for media centers or PBX phone systems? That's just the beginning of what you'll find inside Raspberry Pi Hacks. This single-board computer was originally developed to help young people learn programming, but - predictably - the first adopters have been ingenious hardware hackers and hobbyists who are discovering new capabilities all the time. If you're looking to build either a software or hardware project with more computing power than Ardui alone can provide, Raspberry Pi is just the ticket. And the hacks in this book will give you lots of great ideas.
- Author BiographyRuth Suehle works in Red Hat's Open Source and Standards group, which aims to help upstream open source software communities. She also leads the Fedora Project's marketing team. Previously an editor for Red Hat Magazine, she now leads discussions about open source principles as a moderator at opensource.com. Ruth is also a core contributor to Wired's GeekMom blog, where she covers the adventures of motherhood alongside technology and sci-fi. Tom Callaway is the Fedora Engineering Manager at Red Hat, where he has worked since 2001. He has been active with Fedora since its creation and currently serves as the Fedora Packaging Committee Chair, responsible for defining the standards that Fedora uses to keep its package quality high. He also maintains 300+ packages in Fedora, which may also mean he is legally insane. He enjoys pinball, gaming, sci-fi, frogs, geocaching, traveling, and causing trouble with his wife Pam and son Jimmy.
- Author(s)Ruth Suehle,Tom Callaway
- PublisherO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Date of Publication10/01/2014
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationSebastopol
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white halftones, figures
- Weight531 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.