All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRational Emotive Behavior Therapy provides an introduction to the theory, history, research, and practice of this influential approach. Created in the 1950s by the coauthor, Albert Ellis, rational emotive behavior therapy (REBT) was the pioneering cognitive?behavioral therapy. In essence, REBT helps clients learn to challenge their own irrational thinking and develop the habit of thinking in beneficial and rational ways. This shift enables clients to behave more effectively and, ultimately, experience healthy emotions. REBT is based on the simple idea that it is not external circumstances that make a person happy or unhappy, but rather internal thoughts about events or self.
- Author BiographyAlbert Ellis, PhD, (1913-2007), is the founder and president of the Albert Ellis Institute in New York City. He received his MA and PhD degree in clinical psychology from Columbia University. and is a former Adjunct Professor of Psychology at Rutgers University and Pittsburgh State College, Dr. Ellis has also been Distinguished Professor of Psychology at the Professional School of Psychological Studies in San Diego. He served as Chief Psychologist of the New Jersey State Diagnostic Center and Chief Psychologist of the New Jersey Department of Institutions and Agencies. He has been a Consultant in Clinical Psychology to the New York City Board of Education and the Veterans Administration, and he has practiced psychotherapy, marriage and family counseling, as well as sex therapy, for almost 60 years. A Fellow of the American Psychological Association, Dr. Ellis has served as President of its Division of Consulting Psychology and as a member of its Council of Representatives. He is a Diplomate in Clinical Psychology of the American Board of Professional Psychology, and a Diplomate of the American Board of Psychotherapy. Dr. Ellis has published over 700 articles and 65 books, among them Reason and Emotion in Psychotherapy, A Guide to Rational Living The Practice of Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy (to be reissued with a new foreword by Raymond DiGiuseppe in 2007 by Springer Publishing Company). He has also served as Consulting or Associate Editor of many publications, including the;Journal of Marriage and Family Therapy, the Journal of Contemporary Psychotherapy, Journal of Individual Psychology, Cognitive Therapy and Research, Psychological Reports and The Journal of Rational-Emotive and Cognitive-Behavior Therapy.
- Author(s)Albert Ellis,Debbie Joffe Ellis
- PublisherAmerican Psychological Association
- Date of Publication15/03/2011
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Series TitleTheories of Psychotherapy Series
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMagination Press, (American Psychological Association)
- Weight245 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
Save on Other
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.98
- AU $19.14Trending at AU $19.97
- AU $18.01Trending at AU $34.71
- AU $15.00Trending at AU $25.95
- AU $21.99Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $16.37Trending at AU $17.15
- AU $21.52Trending at AU $22.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.