All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume advances the research agenda of one of the most remarkable political thinkers of our time: Jon Elster. With an impressive list of contributors, it features studies in five topics in political and social theory: rationality and collective action, political and social rms, democracy and constitution making, transitional justice, and the explanation of social behavior. Additionally, this volume includes chapters on the development of Elster's thinking over the past decades. Like Elster's own writings, the essays in this collection are problem-driven, n-ideal inquiries of practical relevance. This volume closes with lucid comments by Jon Elster.
- Author BiographyClaudio Lopez-Guerra is a research professor in the Department of Political Studies at the Center for Research and Teaching in Economics, CIDE, Mexico City. He is the author of Democracy and Disenfranchisement: The Morality of Electoral Exclusions (2014). His work has appeared in such journals as the Journal of Political Philosophy; Politics, Philosophy, and Economics; and Social Theory and Practice. Julia Maskivker is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Political Science at Rollins College. She is the author of Self-Realization and Justice: A Liberal-Perfectionist Defense of the Right to Freedom from Employment (2012). Her work has been published in journals such as the Journal of Moral Philosophy, Contemporary Political Theory, and the Journal of Global Ethics.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication05/02/2015
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note8 b/w illus. 3 tables
- Weight620 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byClaudio Lopez-Guerra,Julia Maskivker
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.