All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRaven's Cry is a Northwest Coast classic - a moving and powerful work that is a fictionalized retelling of the near destruction of the Haida nation. The Haida are a proud and cultured people, whose home is Haida Gwaii (the Queen Charlotte Islands) off the coast of rthern British Columbia. Until the first Europeans arrived in 1775, the Haida were the lords of the coast. The meeting of cultures was a fateful one: the Europeans had the advantages of firearms and immunity to their own deadly diseases. In just 150 years, the Haida and their culture were pushed to the edge of extinction. Christie Harris recreates this tale of tragedy and the ultimate survival of native spirit with dignity, beauty and ethgraphic accuracy.
- Author BiographyChristie Harris recreates this tale of tragedy and the ultimate survival of native spirit with dignity, beauty and ethnographic accuracy.
- Author(s)Christie Harris
- PublisherUniversity of Washington Press
- Date of Publication30/06/1992
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Washington Press
- Content Note8 b&w illus.
- Weight318 g
- Width3895 mm
- Height5830 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Illustrator(s)Bill Reid
- Foreword byRobert Davidson,Margaret B. Blackman
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.99
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.