All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis beautifully illustrated book is the first full-length critical study to focus on the watercolours of multitalented British artist and designer Eric Ravilious (1903 - 1942). An introductory section offers an intimate portrait of Ravilious, an artist for whom personal relationships, particularly with women, were paramount. It goes on to describe the extraordinary achievements of an all-too-brief career, drawing on new research to seek out artistic influences and examine Ravilious's relationships with fellow-artists, as well as the development of his mark making. There follows the most comprehensive display of Ravilious watercolours yet assembled. Some have never been published, while others are familiar and well loved. Many are explored in short accompanying essays, some with full-bleed images that show details of paintings at full size. This is the definitive guide to the lumius, evocative and timeless watercolours of Eric Ravilious, an artist w regarded as one of the finest of the twentieth century.
- Author BiographyJames Russell studied History at Pembroke College, Cambridge, but was galvanized into writing about art by a lengthy stint selling contemporary paintings and sculpture in Santa Fe, New Mexico. A passionate advocate of twentieth-century British painting and design, he writes and lectures widely. His books include the popular four-volume series Ravilious in Pictures, which was described by Country Life as 'a vivid portrait of the artist', as well as titles devoted to Edward Seago, Peggy Angus and Paul Nash.
- Author(s)James Russell
- PublisherPhilip Wilson Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication31/03/2015
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPhilip Wilson Publishers Ltd
- Content Note127 colour, 17 bw
- Weight1111 g
- Width240 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.