All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
About this product
- DescriptionA cross between Michael Pollan's Food Rules and Adam Richman's Food vs. Man , Raw Extreme Manifesto is one man's journey into raw food extremism. With sensible tips, simple recipes, rules, and most importantly, results, Fred Ho's book tells you everything you need to kw about going totally raw - without spending all your money on expensive juicers or fancy groceries. Driven by a desire to become healthier and solve a myriad of health issues, Fred Ho begins his journey into raw food extremism, overcoming his skepticism by resisting the psychological matrix of dependency and addiction to cooked and industrial food production; by developing a small community circle of raw food enthusiasts (Raw Fight Club) seeking to solve a variety of ailments and maladies (diabetes, asthma, hypertension, obesity, and even multiple sclerosis and cancer); by opposing the hyper-marketing of raw chic (going raw is often affordable only to the affluent); and by devising a raw food commitment that spends almost money. After just two weeks, he feels extraordinary results. Much more than twenty-five original recipes and tips about going raw and staying raw, this is an indispensable handbook for everyone who ever wondered if they have what it takes to change their lives and ultimately their society for the better. In the author's own words about Raw Fight Club: we make raw food dishes, share ideas, talk politics, and come up with strategies to change the world! It includes 25 full-color photographs.
- Author BiographyFred Ho is an American jazz baritone saxophonist, composer, bandleader, playwright, writer, and social activist. He holds a BA degree in sociology from Harvard University. He is credited with co-founding several Asian American civic groups such as the East Coast Asian Students Union while a student at Harvard, The Asian American Arts Alliance in New York City, The Asian American Resource Center in Boston, and the Asian Improv record label. He is currently battling colon cancer, a journey he writes about in his forthcoming memoir Diary of a Radical Cancer Warrior (Skyhorse Publishing 2011). He lives in Brooklyn.
- Author(s)Fred Ho
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication22/03/2012
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAllworth Press,U.S.
- Content Note25 full colour photographs
- Weight297 g
- Width125 mm
- Height180 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.