All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $49.60Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionImagine being able to follow your passion, bring the past alive, help others - and make money doing it. This is a book about HOW TO DO THAT! Sewing is one of the joys of life. But how many costumes can you make for yourself? Sewing for others t only gives you a reason to research and re-create vintage apparel, it gives others the joy of wearing clothing from ather era. I am a costumer. I have re-created vintage clothing for the theater, for docents of museums and historic properties, and for people portraying characters from the past, including Biblical times. This book contains lists of suppliers and reference material. You'll also find valuable tips and tricks of the trade to make your work easier.
- Author BiographyHolley Gene Leffler's re-creations of vintage fashions have appeared in live theater, fashion shows, and living history reenactments. They are being worn by docents in museums and National Landmark properties, and by owners of historical homes. She has lectured about what was correct to wear and how the styles changed over various periods of times. She has given fashion shows exhibiting her re-creations of clothing from Biblical times to La Belle Epoch. Holley Gene enjoys teaching, giving workshops, and dressing women of history. Her website contains photos of many of her fashions and accessories (www.holleygene.com).
- Author(s)Holley Gene Leffler
- Date of Publication09/09/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight200 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.