All listings for this product
About this product
- Description-Re-Engineering- Dual Training The Malaysian Experience shows how a new industrial country is successfully pursuing the aim to ensure the extremely swift increase of ecomic development by initiatives and concepts for the qualification of skilled workers. This publication reflects the analysis of best practice in training which centers around the workplace in lead countries as well as the philosophy, policies and procedures of the emerging Malaysian National Dual Training System. Excellence in high-tech work must be based on excellence in training. Training based on targeting specific competencies was seen as a way to achieve this excellence. However, this apparently logical approach, which seemed to make it the panacea for meeting today s pressing high-tech training needs, has failed to keep its promise. Yet, its undisputable contribution to the development of highly effective training has been to create awareness that the necessary accountability of training can only be secured through the definition of occupational standards. However, when they only reflect the immediate work which has to be carried out at the workplace, occupational standards seemingly fall short. The rapidly changing context of work also needs to be reflected, and therefore a new focus on the workprocess is needed to guide the necessary reorientation in training.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: Gert Loose is the Head of the Occupational Standards and Skill Testing Project on behalf of GTZ and Adviser to H.E. The Minister of Manpower (Oman). Georg Spottl is Director and Head of the Institute of Technology and Education (ITB) at the University of Bremen (Germany). Yusoff Md. Sahir is the Managing Director of the German-Malaysian Institute (GMI) in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia).
- PublisherPeter Lang AG
- Date of Publication01/06/2008
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleBerufliche Bildung in Forschung, Schule Und Arbeitswelt / Vocational Education and Training: Research and Practice
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintPeter Lang AG
- Content Notetables and graphs
- Weight300 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edited byGeorg Spoettl,Gert Loose,Yusoff Md Sahir
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.77Trending at AU $42.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.